The Catapult Kitchen Incubator is launching a Consumer Packaged Goods Accelerator Program!
What is a consumer packaged good, you might ask? A common definition includes items that are bought, used, and replaced frequently by consumers, like food, household products, and cosmetics. In our kitchen at Catapult, we have several consumer packaged goods entrepreneurs, ranging from globally-inspired spice blends to whimsical jams.
The purpose of this program is to accelerate the knowledge and connections of Central Florida consumer packaged goods brands by providing focused content, Q&A sessions with guest speakers, and practical tools for scaling operations. This program requires a 9 week commitment from participants.
Businesses in the accelerator program will gain:
- Nine, 3-hour program sessions
- Q&A sessions with consumer packaged goods industry veterans
- Product packaging & design feedback panel
- Market with general public and industry experts in attendance
- Strategic plan for pursuing wholesale accounts
- Sales sheet for 1-5 SKUs
- Templates for managing a CPG company
- Industry contacts for packaging, shelf life testing, etc.
Each week in the program centers on a key topic for entrepreneurs growing a consumer packaged goods company:
- Week One: Program Introduction & Consumer Packaged Goods Industry Overview
- Week Two: Preparing to Sell in a Wholesale Environment
- Week Three: Scaling Your Approach to Food Safety & Quality Assurance
- Week Four: Telling Your Story to Customers & Clients
- Week Five: Branding & Design Feedback Session
- Week Six: Pursuing Wholesale Clients: Small Retailers
- Week Seven: Pursuing Wholesale Clients: Grocery Chains
- Week Eight: Promotion and Moving Product Off of Shelves!
- Week Nine: Long Term Strategy, Financing, Cash Flow, & Future Considerations
- Market Day! Friday, May 21 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Businesses engaged with this program must have:
- A current annual food permit from the DBPR or Dept. of Ag.
- One or more validated products (products sold to the public before start of the program)
- Availability for a 9-week commitment, with availability for 3 hour sessions + after session homework
- Completed the program application by March 17
This program is launching soon! Below are need-to-know logistics for interested businesses:
- Every Tuesday evening, March 23 – May 18
- Class Time: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Market Date: Friday, May 21 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Catapult Floor Program Room
- COVID-19 Precautions
- Social distanced classroom set up
- Hand sanitizer & masks provided
- Masks required for participants when not speaking
- Participants must be start-up founders
- Up to two founders per business may participate
- Program Cost
- Catapult Member Rate: $225.00 per business
- Non-Member Rate: $450.00 per business
The Catapult Kitchen Incubator is so excited to connect a cohort of accelerator participants with experts in the field, practical tools, and industry resources to grow their consumer packaged goods businesses.
Do you have questions about this program? Reach out to our kitchen director, Maggie, at firstname.lastname@example.org or, give us at ring at (863) 940-9660.
Registration is open from Feb 24 – March 17
Kitchen Incubator can help your food business in many different ways, as it addresses a broader list of entrepreneur’s needs.
Catapult Kitchen Incubator launched a new program to help food businesses improve their online presence.
Protecting your Small Business from Cybersecurity Threats: a Headway Podcast by Catapult with guest Joshua Sitta.