Kick-start your culinary venture in one of our certified commissary kitchens.
Looking for Kitchen Space? Start Here.
The focus of the kitchen is to help food-based entrepreneurs get started in Lakeland. Our kitchen incubator is ideal for growth-oriented companies and provides access to space, equipment, + smallwares, enabling new businesses to start small.
Who We Serve
Entrepreneurs in Lakeland, Florida who are starting food-based businesses
Growth orientated companies who are operating in the consumer packaged goods or pre-restaurant arena
Creative innovators who can add flavor to the Lakeland food scene
What We Offer
• $10/hr. for kitchen usage
• $5/hr. between 10pm – 6am
• 10 hr. monthly minimum ($100)
• Customized pricing for storage
• Complimentary coworking membership
Follow the below steps towards members in the Catapult Kitchen Incubator.
After acceptance into the kitchen, we require the following items:
Food Managers Certification – SafeStaff.org is a great place to find classes hosted in the area. You’ll need this for any commissary to ensure safe food handling.
Liability Insurance – You’ll need insurance for operating in any kitchen. FLIP is a great resource about insurance for food entrepreneurs.
Business Bank Account – This is required to set up payments in our system. Here is some information about opening a small business bank account.
Employer Identification Number – Also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EIN. You may apply for an EIN in various ways, and now you may apply online.
As a kitchen, we strive to promote our members and provide opportunities for education. Check out our EventBrite page to view upcoming and past events. Below are recurring events hosted by our kitchen incubator.
- ServSafe Food Managers Training and Certification: We offer this course on a quarterly basis to earn ServSafe certification to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Taste of Catapult: We showcase our kitchen members through a tasting-style event open to our community.
- Crafted at Catapult Market: We partner with the Downtown Farmers Curb Market to set up with our kitchen members at their Saturday market.
Do you have questions about our kitchen?
Starting a food based business can be a confusing process. We are here to help!
Contact our kitchen director, Maggie with any questions about our incubator kitchen. We would love to meet you and give you a tour of our space.
Catapult is staffed from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and a staff member is always available for space tours.
To schedule a tour with our kitchen director, or for specific questions, reach out to Maggie by email at email@example.com or by phone at (863) 940-9660.