You have a business, but need that extra boost. That’s why we’re here.
Launch is a community based effort led and funded by local financial institutions that was created to help Lakeland entrepreneurs take their business concept to the next level. Launch provides micro-grants up to $10,000 to entrepreneurs who meet the requirements, fill out the application, and successfully pitch their concepts to Launch’s investment team.
It’s like Shark Tank. But with happy people.
Applications Open: TBA
Applications Due: TBA
Pitch Night: TBA
6 Pitch Nights
13 Grants Awarded
HOW DOES THE GRANT WORK?
Successful pitches will be awarded up to $10,000.
- Personal Items
- Legal Fees
- Hiring Staff
- Purchasing Property
- Items that require unsecured additional funding to complete the project
- Projects related to: Real Estate, Accounting, Insurance
- Religiously-affiliated businesses
- Business that do not have a Lakeland zip code. Other Polk County zip codes do not qualify (i.e. – Mulberry, Bartow, Auburndale, etc.)
Pay it back?
- No, this is a grant, not a loan.
- If you receive a grant, we ask that you invest 25% of Launch’s initial investment back into the fund within 24 months.
- Grantees will also be required to give a 90-day report of what they’ve done with the grant money.
Am I qualified?
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Business must be between 6 months and 5 years old.
- You must have sales and proof of concept.
- Business must be located in Lakeland, Florida.
- Business must have had less than $1,000,000 in sales the previous year.
- Business must be a formed legal entity.
- Applicants must not be eligible for traditional bank lending.
- New to Lakeland concepts
- Boot Camp course required before submitting application**
Dave Reeves received a grant of $10,000 towards his startup company, Reeve’s Lawn Care, a full…
Boondock Studios makes handmade leather goods, woven fibers, hand-cut stone products, and other…
Cheeses & Crust received a grant of $10,000. This unique startup focuses on providing fresh-to-order grilled…
Ryan Moore of Gator Creek Technologies received a grant of $10,000. Gator Creek Technologies…
Justyna Thomson of Steed Armor received a grant of $10,000. Steed Armor creates high-quality saddle..
Chase & Shannon Webber of Little Remi received a grant of $6,500. Little Remi sells all natural products…
The Balance Culture received a grant of $10,000 in order to purchase 21 spin bikes for their women’s fitness…
Raney Wade, owner of Rane Made, received a grant of $5,000 in order to purchase sewing machines that…
Kevin O’Brien received a $10,000 grant to purchase camera equipment that will will help elevate the quality…
Michael Dodge, owner of Lakeland’s Beer Revolution, received a $10,000 grant to procure a 1-barrell brewing…
Noel Rosa, founder of New Sound Acoustics, received a $10,000 grant to increase his inventory in order to…
Patrick & Sarah Mulcahy received a $10,000 grant to purchase commercial equipment that will…
Jenn Smurr, Owner and Founder, received a $9,000 grant to purchase a new double stack oven. This will…